points when it comes to web site development. The first and for me the most important one is
search engine optimization. WebEazy is definitely lacking when it comes to SEO tactics. You
can do the usual things like header tags within the software but when it comes to the barrage of
other tags that have become more important within a web site it fails miserably.
Hard coding has always allowed the web designer to plan ahead and set out the fundamental
structures of the web site before any thought is given to the content. Each and every tag are
coded to yield the greatest results within the search engines. Coders write in a language that
search engines mostly like. Some times it is hard to find a balance between what the search
engines want and what is readable by humans. This juggling act though is some times seen as
a bit of give and take on both sides. Doing this leaves the web site owner with a work of art that
not only ranks well but also converts well with web surfers.
On the other hand where software developers have targeted a specific niche within web site
development they can be a hard to compete with. Cinematic Profits is an example of this type of
web site development software. Rather than trying to aim at a very broad spectrum of web site
development they targeted just one very specific area.
These specialist target software’s are able to compete with a hard coder as they are
programmed to the specific details related to that niche area of web design. No stone is left
unturned when it come to these targeted programs. In some ways it is like trying to compete
with a heat seeking missile and you can not even see the flames of the fire.
Recently I took a challenge to build a hard coded web site against one of these automated
targeted software niche programs. The challenge was to build the web site and see where both
sites ranked within 4 weeks. The web site had to stand on its own feet with no off site SEO
practices at all. Cream will always float to the top!
Both web sites were built around the same niche and both had very keyword targeted domain
names. We used the same keywords, pictures and some extent the same content. The content
could be written however one wanted as long as no additional key words were added. I lost the
toss for domain name choice, so I was told which domain name I would use. Taking that all into
account a challenge is a challenge.
The software was faster at developing and releasing the aforementioned web site than I was
with mine. None the less I soon was able to release mine after hours of work. All I had to do
now was sit back and wait for the results to come in. Over the next 4 weeks I followed with great
interest the results as they formed. The only form of a notice to the search engines was a simple
comment on a blog site with a text link back to the respective web sites. This was done primarily
to make sure the web sites were indexed by the search engines.